Salomon’s iconic running shoe that brought speed to the trails! Featuring a Climashield protective upper, aggressive tread, and a precise fit, you’ll feel confident ripping through the sloppiest of trails in any weather conditions with the Speedcross 3 CS.
Upper – Wider heel and reduction in weight
The Salomon Speedcross 3 CS Trail Running Shoe combines a lightweight, anti-debris mesh upper. The bonded Sensifit construction overlaps the top part of the shoe with a water resistant fabric providing protection against the elements. Water shield protection across the tongue and toe sections provide additional water resistance without sacrificing breathability. The Speedcross 3 CS features a wider heel across the sole area than previous versions, creating a greater contact surface which is altogether more stable. In addition, the Quicklace slider has been reduced in size, as has the ‘garage’ pocket, meaning that weight is significantly reduced and stowage is more compact.
Midsole – Lower to the ground
The Speedcross 3 CS benefits from a lightweight injected EVA midsole, which is supported by Salomons Lightweight Muscle and molded EVA, which gives better underfoot cushioning and foot protection. The forefoot has been reduced by up to 50 percent, meaning that the wearer’s foot is lower to the ground and therefore more likely to gain a better purchase, thereby reducing the chances of twisting the ankle.
Outsole – Softer, harder and more grip
The outsole utilises a blend of softer, harder and grippier Contagrip® compounds to yield the perfect mix of performance and durability. The aggressively appointed outsole tread featuring deep chevron shaped lugs provides an equal blend of comfort and grip in wet, sloppy trail conditions. The increased outsole durability and lower heel all work in concert to accommodate a more robust, stable ride.
- 3D Advanced Chassis™ – Controls the shoe’s twisting motion. Flexes under the heel to absorb shock and provide stability.
- Sensifit – Actively cradles the foot to deliver a secure and precise fit for maximum stability and comfort.
- ClimaShield™ – Waterproof breathable membranes help keep the water from rain and puddles out, without sacrificing breathability.
- Quicklace System – Minimal and robust, this one-pull lace tightening system secures the shoe quickly and provides excellent stability and support.
- Contagrip® Outsole – Utilises a blend of softer, harder and grippier Contagrip® compounds to yield the perfect mix of performance and durability.
- OrthoLite Sockliner – OrthoLite foam and EVA heel cup work in concert to create a cooler, drier, healthier internal environment.
- Feather Construction – Makes the shoe extremely lightweight and breathable.
- Anti-Debris Mesh Upper – Specifically designed for clearing debris and to prevent detritus from entering the shoe.
- Water-Resistant Textile Blend – Keeps the foot dry at all times.
- EVA Injected Midsole – Cushions the foot and attenuates shockwaves superbly, especially on rougher, tougher terrain.
- Lightweight Muscle – A lightweight foam that is more pliable, more absorbent and saves more weight without compromising control and comfort.
- Toe-Box – The toe box area is fortified with a hard-wearing PVC covering that provides extensive protection from aggressive terrain.
- Mud Guard – Surrounds the base of the shoe to protect it from abrasive mud materials.
- Lace Pocket – Prevents laces from snagging on uneven terrain by securing loose ends firmly in place.
- Weight – 310 grams.
* Description and images are for informational purposes only – actual product may vary slightly